Our school council meets every Thursday at 12:30 to discuss how we can support and improve our school. As a school council we are responsible for putting our heads together, thinking of great ideas and ways to promote these within our school. Miss Thornton & Miss Brown run it. We have two representatives from each class.
Within school we aim to:
- keep our school happy and safe for children, staff and all visitors,
- ensure everyone has a chance to express their voice,
- and encourage new and exciting ideas.
So far this year we have:
- Carried out surveys with our classes about their thoughts on our school, school environment and curriculum.
- Organised ‘Save the Children’ Christmas Jumper Day and raised £80
- Organised ‘Children in Need’ - made, laminated and sold pudsey book marks, fridge magnets and keyrings raising £130
- Helped to plan the school’s ‘Open Day’
This term we will be:
- Planning and organising whole school maths activities for our NSPCC ‘Number Day’ on 7th February. Planning and organising Maths fundraising activities for break and lunch.
- Do an assembly